Saturday, April 21, 2012

Competition!!!!!

Today I went to a orchestra competition at Deer Valley High School (In Antioch.) Today was hot, and if you guys don't know, Antioch is about 10 degrees hotter than Pleasant Hill! The whole day, I was completely boiling! All of College Park Orchestra had to wear tuxedos and black ball gowns! WE WERE DIEING!!! Luckily, Paola is super nice and gave me 3 dollars for Coldstone! Yummy yum yum! When we finally got to get out our instruments (we had to wait about 4 hours to do this), we went to in an air conditioned room! But... the room smelt like fish. Not cooked fish, raw fish. When I got my violin out of its case, All of my strings were super messed up. All of them were out of tune, and sadly I couldn't tune my violin.  So, I had to get Cameron to tune it, thankfully he is strong enough to turn the stupid peg. We finally got ready to go on stage and there we went! The lights blinded us and we could barely see the crowd. (That could have just been me, but I was blinded.) We played our best, I was kind of shy so I didn't play my loudest. I felt like I was out of tune, but I wasn't. Then we got our little clinic, and then we had to go take pictures. It was the worst! We all had to stand in the sun, and smile. We probably looked so gross! Everyone was sweating and had red faces! Afterwards, we got to find out what we placed and what our score was........ We got Overall Superior! First Place!!!!!!!! Woohoooooo!!!!!!! It was such a good day! Thanks to all my friends, for making it even better! I love you guys! XOXOXOXO!
Muuuwah!
lovelovelove,
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. beautiful photo!! and great story! did you guys take a bus there and then the bus back to CP??? I went for a run and saw some peeps wearing all black. :D luv ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha awesome!!! I didn't see anybody i knew but, i didn't really look! :) i saw a really long gown!!! beauty...

      Delete
  2. Love the photo & I bet you guys did fabulous at the competition! email me!

    ReplyDelete